Servicemen and women have earned the privilege to have military funeral honors provided at their funeral through their service to our country. We are thankful for their service and proud to coordinate military funeral honors.

You may add this into your funeral pre-planning or request funeral military funeral honors on behalf of your loved one. Your funeral director will explain to you the veteran benefits to which you or your loved one may be entitled, submit the necessary paperwork, and contact the appropriate military service to arrange for military funeral honors.

About The Honors

Military funeral honors consist of two or more uniformed military personnel, with at least one being a member of the veteran’s branch of the armed forces, being present at the funeral. The ceremony includes the folding and presenting of the U.S.  burial flag and playing “Taps.” 

Our funeral directors will arrange all aspects of military funeral honors on behalf of the veteran’s family including, if requested, arrangements at one of the national cemeteries.

Burial in the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies

Since 2005 when it became a national cemetery, the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies has been a place of honor in southwestern Pennsylvania reserved for members of the armed forces. Your funeral director can arrange for burial if you or your loved one meets
the cemetery’s eligibility requirements. 

Visit the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies website learn more.

Military Honors Eligibility

Servicemen and women who meet the following criteria are eligible for military funeral honors.

Duty or Reserve

Military members on active duty or in selected reserve.

Active Duty and Departure

Former military members who served on active duty and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.

Enlistment or Period Completion

Former military members who completed at least one term of enlistment or period of initial obligated service in the reserves and departed under conditions other than dishonorable.

Discharge Papers

In order to receive military honors, you will need to provide, at the time of death, military discharge or separation papers (other than dishonorable). If discharge papers are not available, we can help you request them, however, it can delay the process.  if you would like to obtain a copy of your own discharge papers, visit

Have Questions About Our Services?

Contact us today.